 |
Apocalypsesmeep Newbie
Joined: 15 Sep 2004 Posts: 3
|
Posted: Wed Sep 15, 2004 6:27 pm
Achaea herb, salve queue |
Been working on a queue for awhile, it is partially working now, it will only take herbs for example, when I get the message to eat another herb. But if I try to take one before hand, it just doesn't take it, I want it to wait until it can. Here is how I have it set up.
at login I trigger these
@eat = 1
@apply = 1
@drink = 1
@mending = 1
@restoration = 1
@caloric = 1
@goldenseal = 1
@ginseng = 1
@moss = 1
@kelp = 1
@lobelia = 1
@bloodroot = 1
@epidermal = 1
@ash = 1
@drinkh = 1
@drinkm = 1
@bellwort = 1
so everything is preset to 1
I'll use bellwort, one of the herbs as an example for this.
this is one of the triggers to eat it
A sense of deep inner calm descends on you.
I have this as a reaction
#if (@eat = 1) {#IF (@bellwort = 1) {outr 1 bellwort;eat bellwort} }
well if both variables equal 1 I am fine
on the trigger
You eat a bellwort flower.
I have this
@bellwort = 0
@eat = 0
then when I get this line
You may eat another plant.
I send this back
@eat = 1
@kelp = 1
@bellwort = 1
@ginseng = 1
@goldenseal = 1
@bloodroot = 1
@lobelia = 1
(those are all the different herbs, makes sure I can eat whatever I need to next.)
It seems like it should go off once the variables are both equal to one, but unless they are equal to one from the beginning, it just doesn't fire.
Also, I have been trying to work on an illusion trigger, The one I have is ok, but only allows for one line of an illusion which can be a problem. I want to gag the text that is the illusion itself.
this is what I have for that, if anyone has any suggestions
trigger
(*)Illusion(*);(*);(*)Illusion(*)
reaction
#gag %3
Sorry if this isn't perfectly set up, still new to zmud, I have been making a lot of progress, but several things have just stumped me. |
|
_________________ "Through sparrows, black wind.
A dead crow calls out to his wings.
I'm getting weaker, I'm getting thin, I hate how obvious I have been.
And i look down, and i see the whole world.
And it's fading."
Songs:Ohia - The Black Crow |
|
|
 |
Vijilante SubAdmin

Joined: 18 Nov 2001 Posts: 5187
|
Posted: Thu Sep 16, 2004 12:56 am |
The problem is in your assignments.
| Quote: |
at login I trigger these
@eat = 1
@apply = 1
@drink = 1
@mending = 1
@restoration = 1
@caloric = 1
@goldenseal = 1
@ginseng = 1
@moss = 1
@kelp = 1
@lobelia = 1
@bloodroot = 1
@epidermal = 1
@ash = 1
@drinkh = 1
@drinkm = 1
@bellwort = 1
|
Should be:
| Quote: |
at login I trigger these
eat = 1
apply = 1
drink = 1
mending = 1
restoration = 1
caloric = 1
goldenseal = 1
ginseng = 1
moss = 1
kelp = 1
lobelia = 1
bloodroot = 1
epidermal = 1
ash = 1
drinkh = 1
drinkm = 1
bellwort = 1
|
When you do:
@variableName = who
zMud firsts expands the variable reference because that is what the @ tells it to do resulting in:
variableContents = who
This is now trying to create a new variable, or assign to the variable, with a name of whatever the contents of the original variable where. It is called indirection and it makes very little sense even with the best of explanations, so I will give a real example.
Launch zMud. Then press ESC at the character selection screen. Copy the next section to the command line and hit ENTER.
abc="xyz"
@abc="tuv"
#ECHO abc:@abc xyz:@xyz ~@~@abc:@{@abc}
#VAR
You should see this appear on the screen
abc:xyz xyz:tuv @@abc:tuv
then a bunch of stuff with abc and xyz at the bottom |
|
_________________ The only good questions are the ones we have never answered before.
Search the Forums |
|
|
 |
Apocalypsesmeep Newbie
Joined: 15 Sep 2004 Posts: 3
|
Posted: Thu Sep 16, 2004 3:31 pm |
Alright, there were several places where i needed to change this, and did notice the equal sign became green and the variable was still underlined and blue, so definitely something I was doing wrong. However, it hasn't fixed the problem. if the variables equal 1 i can eat an herb, but if they don't and I give the command, (or actually if the trigger is set off,) once they do, the herb is not eaten. I made an alias also to reset the values to 1 in case I needed to do so for whatever reason.
|
|
_________________ "Through sparrows, black wind.
A dead crow calls out to his wings.
I'm getting weaker, I'm getting thin, I hate how obvious I have been.
And i look down, and i see the whole world.
And it's fading."
Songs:Ohia - The Black Crow |
|
|
 |
Apocalypsesmeep Newbie
Joined: 15 Sep 2004 Posts: 3
|
Posted: Tue Sep 21, 2004 5:59 am |
Just bumping this is desperate hope that anyone has any input, I still haven't figured it out, makes it difficult to fight. Or, if anyone has a better way to set it all up.
|
|
_________________ "Through sparrows, black wind.
A dead crow calls out to his wings.
I'm getting weaker, I'm getting thin, I hate how obvious I have been.
And i look down, and i see the whole world.
And it's fading."
Songs:Ohia - The Black Crow |
|
|
 |
Falan Wanderer

Joined: 17 Aug 2004 Posts: 98 Location: OK, USA
|
Posted: Tue Sep 21, 2004 9:05 am |
| Quote: |
"It seems like it should go off once the variables are both equal to one, but unless they are equal to one from the beginning, it just doesn't fire."
"if the variables equal 1 i can eat an herb, but if they don't and I give the command, (or actually if the trigger is set off,) once they do, the herb is not eaten." |
You're system is only checking whether you are able to eat when initially afflicted. If you are able, then it eats. If you are not able, then it does nothing.
Your trigger on "You may eat another plant" only resets your variables. No other actions take place.
It sounds like you're trying to create a queueing system so that when you are unable to eat it will store the needed herb to eat, eat it when next able, and then remove the stored herb from the queue.
This is a frequent topic. Have you utilized a Search on, say, "Achaea and herbs"? Here's a good thread to read http://www.emobius.com/phpbb/viewtopic.php?t=16703 |
|
_________________ zMUD 7.05a |
|
|
 |
|
|
|
|
You cannot post new topics in this forum You cannot reply to topics in this forum You cannot edit your posts in this forum You cannot delete your posts in this forum You cannot vote in polls in this forum
|
|