 |
Humpton Apprentice

Joined: 10 Oct 2000 Posts: 158 Location: Chicago, IL
|
Posted: Thu Jan 02, 2003 6:18 am
Getting it right with ~ |
Hi there.
I do everything out of scripts - in fact I probably couldn't get anything in through the GUI anymore.
I'm now tinkering with DataBases for the first time and doing ok. Then I got the bright idea of tinkering with #MXP at the same time.
This is part of query the DataBase for certain types of Items. From the list displayed I thought it would be kewl to then click on it and get all the details.
#LOOPVIEW {
#VAR EQName &Name
#MXP @Count: ~<send "smile" "View Details">@EQName~</send>
#ADD Count 1
}
It almost works, but for somereason the tildes get displayed as part of the 'link'. If I take the tilde's out then the 'link' doesn't get created at all and the word send appears - although only at the start, not the end.
Any ideas?
Stay JOLLY!
H
___
Humpton lives like he types.... fast, and full of mistakes!
Core 2651: For those who prefer the future to the past. |
|
|
|
 |
Kjata GURU

Joined: 10 Oct 2000 Posts: 4379 Location: USA
|
Posted: Thu Jan 02, 2003 12:28 pm |
It works fine for me if I don't put any ~ at all. It's just that the syntax checker complains about it.
Kjata |
|
|
|
 |
Humpton Apprentice

Joined: 10 Oct 2000 Posts: 158 Location: Chicago, IL
|
Posted: Thu Jan 02, 2003 2:10 pm |
Actually, I gave up using the syntax checker to help me get it right.
It's what I physically get on the screen that has the tildes being visible.
Here's the challenge.
If I just type the #MXP line in at the prompt with the tildes, I get the tildes as part of the 'link'. If I omit them then it looks the way it should.
If I enter the _exact_ same #MXP line in through a script, and here's the whole #ALIAS just in case you see something else (Again, sorry about formatting in general), if I leave the tildes in I get them included as part of the 'link' - same as before, but if I omit them I get this with no 'link' at all: "2: send smile View Details"
Here is is:
#ALIAS {EQListType} {
#VAR Count 0
#UNTIL (@Count=1) {
#PROMPT Temp {Enter the type of Object you want to search by}
#IF %ismember(%lower(@Temp),%lower(@EQTypes)) {
#VAR Count 1
} {
#SHOW %ansi(red,high)Valid choices are: %ansi(white,high)%expandlist(@EQTypes,", ")
}
}
#IF (%query(&Type=%upper(@Temp))=%null) {
#SHOW %ansi(cyan,high)There are no records of type: %ansi(yellow,high)@Temp
} {
#SHOW %ansi(red,high)Start List...
#QUERY (%upper(@Temp)=&Type) All 1
#VAR Count 1
#LOOPVIEW {
#VAR EQName &Name
#MXP @Count: ~<send "smile" "View Details">@EQName~</send>
#ADD Count 1
}
#SHOW %ansi(red,high)End List...
}
}
I'm a bit dumbfounded.
Stay JOLLY!
H
Edit: I put in the <'s and all seems well. Thanks for the off topic stuff, Lightbulb!
___
Humpton lives like he types.... fast, and full of mistakes!
Core 2651: For those who prefer the future to the past. |
|
|
|
 |
Kjata GURU

Joined: 10 Oct 2000 Posts: 4379 Location: USA
|
Posted: Thu Jan 02, 2003 4:23 pm |
That's strange, I tested the #MXP command you supplied in the command line and in an alias. Both worked fine with no ~ at all.
Maybe the variables contain some character that when they get expanded it messes things up? Here's what I test with:
#VAR count 1
#VAR eqname test
#ALIAS test {#MXP @Count: <send "smile" "View Details">@EQName</send>}
test
and it works with no problems. I also have Alllow <> for expand disabled, but if I enabled it, it still works fine.
Kjata |
|
|
|
 |
Humpton Apprentice

Joined: 10 Oct 2000 Posts: 158 Location: Chicago, IL
|
Posted: Thu Jan 02, 2003 4:28 pm |
Hmm, I can't test your thing until tomorrow evening (work now, date tonight) but the variables I've been playing with do have a space in them.
I'll also check out the disable / enabling of the <>'s.
Thanks!
Stay JOLLY!
H
___
Humpton lives like he types.... fast, and full of mistakes!
RockyMud: Sometimes, life needs to be a little Rocky. |
|
|
|
 |
LightBulb MASTER
Joined: 28 Nov 2000 Posts: 4817 Location: USA
|
Posted: Thu Jan 02, 2003 6:33 pm |
There's no problem using < and >. The forum Preview isn't always accurate.
#MXP @Count: ~<send> "smile" "View Details">@EQName~</send>
This is off-topic, but I thought you should know.
LightBulb
Senior Member |
|
|
|
 |
Humpton Apprentice

Joined: 10 Oct 2000 Posts: 158 Location: Chicago, IL
|
Posted: Sat Jan 04, 2003 7:04 am |
Ok, I've got it to work for me now.
I've now disabled the expand <> thing. No matter what I tried with it enabled it wouldn't work out of the script.
So, with the expand <> thing disabled, I was able to enter the script in without the ~s.
Easy, when you know how!
Stay JOLLY!
H
___
Humpton lives like he types.... fast, and full of mistakes!
RockyMud: Sometimes, life needs to be a little Rocky. |
|
|
|
 |
|
|
|
|
You cannot post new topics in this forum You cannot reply to topics in this forum You cannot edit your posts in this forum You cannot delete your posts in this forum You cannot vote in polls in this forum
|
|