Register to post in forums, or Log in to your existing account

Play RetroMUD
Leopardfist
Beginner

PostPosted: Tue Nov 20, 2012 5:32 am   

Simple Trigger to write data to database - Need Help

I have this simple trigger, I know all the variables are loading right, I even had it where it was writing to the DB, but I changed something, probably something minute, and now it isnt working. Any help is appreciated. Just pasting the Trigger itself, not the entire class.

Code:
<trigger priority="4240" linecolor="13" id="424">
  <pattern>You feel dizzy as time seems to spin backwards...</pattern>
  <value>#DBLOAD st
#VAR count %count(Name)
#New st Name=@Name Restats=@count Str=@Str Int=@Int Wil=@Wil Dex=@Dex Con=@Con Total=@Tot
#ECHO Stats saved to the Database! That was Restat no. @count</value>
</trigger>

Thanks for any help :)
Rahab
Wizard

PostPosted: Tue Nov 20, 2012 1:53 pm   

What exactly do you see happen when you think this should be executing? Do you not get the #ECHO? Or do you get the #ECHO but the database doesn't update? It is best when asking a question to include as much information as possible. Your code looks perfectly fine so the problem is somewhere else. We need a lot more information to figure it out.
Leopardfist
Beginner

PostPosted: Tue Nov 20, 2012 4:17 pm   

I'm sorry about that. The ECHO stopped as well, it doesnt echo and it doesnt write. I have checked the trigger pattern, so I assumed it had to be part of the small part of the script I Posted. But just incase here is the full script.

Also, let me explain what I am trying to do, as most of you experienced scripters could probably do it in 2 or 3 lines hehe.

I need to copy values from these two lines.

Name from: This ranks you as Khal of Illian (Level 20).

Stats from: Your base abilities are: Str:19 Int:14 Wil:16 Dex:16 Con:19.

See I cant see stats until lvl 3, then if no good I restat and level to 3 again. I want to record my stats into a database. simple as that if I wasnt a dumbarse hehe.

My database has these fields: Name - Str - Int - Wil - Dex - Con - Total (total of all 5 stats)

Now, once I got that working, I was going to try to set up a way for me to ECHO the best certain number with a command like Statecho 20 to show the 20 with the highest total. But that isnt really important right now, if I can just figure out what I did wrong hehe.

Again, THANKS for any and all assistance! I just swapped to CMud and so far love it! The more I can learn the better off I'll be :).

Here's my entire code copied from the XML page, as Im not sure how to copy the ZMud script like I could from ZMud.

Code:

<class name="StatTracker" id="29">
  <alias name="Showstats" autoappend="true" id="117">
    <value>#ECHO @Name -- with stats Str:@Str, Int:@Int, Wil:@Wil, Dex:@Dex, Con:@Con Total:@Tot</value>
  </alias>
  <var name="Name" id="239"/>
  <var name="Str" id="240"/>
  <var name="Int" id="241"/>
  <var name="Wil" id="242"/>
  <var name="Dex" id="243"/>
  <var name="Con" id="244"/>
  <var name="Tot" id="245">84</var>
  <trigger priority="4220" id="422">
    <pattern>This ranks you as &amp;Name of *</pattern>
  </trigger>
  <trigger priority="4230" id="423">
    <pattern>Your base abilities are: Str:(%d) Int:(%d) Wil:(%d) Dex:(%d) Con:(%d).</pattern>
    <value>#VAR Str %1;#VAR Int %2;#VAR Wil %3;#VAR Dex %4;#VAR Con %5;#MATH Tot %1+%2+%3+%4+%5</value>
  </trigger>
  <trigger priority="4240" id="424">
    <pattern>You feel dizzy as time seems to spin backwards...</pattern>
    <value>#New St {Name=%Name|Str=%Str|Int=%Int|Wil=%Wil|Dex=%Dex|Con=%Con|Total=%Tot};#ECHO @Name</value>
  </trigger>
</class>
shalimar
GURU

PostPosted: Tue Nov 20, 2012 4:41 pm   

If the echo is not going of, i would think the trigger is not firing...
also, you are back to using %str instead of @str
Wizard

PostPosted: Tue Nov 20, 2012 5:45 pm   

Yes, this version of your code has %Name, %Str, etc. instead of @Name, @Str, etc.

It is possible that this error is preventing the trigger from compiling, which would explain why you aren't getting the #Echo. Fix that error and try again.
Leopardfist
Beginner

PostPosted: Tue Nov 20, 2012 7:40 pm   

I finally figured out I editted it in 2 seperate instances, or characters so went from a good script to a broken script lol. Got the good one back now hehe.

Thanks for all the assistance!
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Home » Forums » CMUD General Discussion All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: